A little bit about you;
I’m French Swedish currently based back home in Australia.
I’ve been working on a few different creative projects and cooking a lot.
I love to cook when I’m stressed so naturally 2020 was spent in the kitchen!
What’s your favourite summer dish to prepare?
A cherry clafoutis! I would have baked this one for you but alas,
cherry season has sadly come to an end.
Is there someone who inspired your love for cooking?
My Nonna and my Mum, they’re both wonderful cooks. As well as all of my summers spent in Italy... I love how much Italians love food.
So.. What are we cooking today?
A rhubarb and raspberry clafoutis!
- 130g ground almonds
- 100g raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod
- 130g crème fraîche
- 120g rhubarb, peeled and sliced medium thickness (to be placed at base of dish) + half a stalk peeled and sliced very thinly (to be placed on top)
- 120g fresh raspberries
- 20g melted butter + extra sugar for coating dish
- Preheat oven to 170*C
- Mix almonds and sugar together
- Mix in the eggs
- Scrape the vanilla out of the pod and add to the mixture, mix in the crème fraîche
- Brush butter all over the inside of the dish and sprinkle sugar on top, make sure the sides are covered
- Place the thicker rhubarb slices at the base
- Pour the mixture into the dish, it should be just over half full
- Place raspberries very gently and evenly over the mixture then place the thinly sliced rhubarb in the gaps
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden
Bon Appétit !